Friday, October 21, 2016

Gif for engagement and tie in with First Grade Teks



I wanted to show you how simple it is to make a gif and incorporate it into your lesson. I used Gifmaker.me and used it to tie into a first grade social studies lesson. They are drawing their own maps with Google Draw and get to make a fun compass to go with them. You can also use images on your gif - I can see photos of kids acting out a verb being super fun - but for this project we kept it simple. Take a look at the video to see how easy it is!

More Gif ideas:
* Make a sequence of events
* Text features
* Cause and Effect
* Illustrate a verb
* Word then example (vocabulary)
* Branches of government
* Life Cycle
* Show a number in all forms (standard, expanded, base 10)
* Highlight place value


4 comments:

  1. I wish I had taken that speed reading class. But, I get that it can be done from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had trouble getting this video to play! :( But I'm glad to know it's simple to make a drawing into a gif.

    ReplyDelete